SREB Speaker Topic
Engage parents with support and information to help their children prepare for their future.
New Technology Innovation Helps Students Reveal Their Paths to Success
- Bill Crane – Journalist and Public Affairs Expert
- Randall Redding – President of American General Contractors of GA & CEO of R.K. Redding Construction, dedicated to workforce development in Georgia
- Senator Lindsey Tippins, Chairman of the Education & Youth Committee for State of Georgia, District 37
- Philip Hardin – CEO of YouScience
- Student from Marietta High School, TBD
- Tim Brown – Assistant Principal of Marietta High School & CTAE Director
Innovative technology allows counselors to be more efficient with their time with data-driven information to engage students and parents in a way they haven’t been able to do before. The new tools help students discover the intersection of their aptitudes, interests and career opportunities to confidently set a direction for education and career success. Employers’ workforce needs today are disconnected from students at their critical career and education decision points.
The implications include:
- Critical shortage of qualified candidates for technical careers
- Low Post-secondary graduation rates
- High individual education debt: $29,400
- High under- and unemployment: 49% of college grads
The panel sponsoring company, YouScience, has revolutionized the way students and young adults plan to make decisions about their future. Their patent-pending, scientific approach helps individuals successfully transition from high school to post-secondary to career.
The YouScience profile provides real exercises that yield real date; the program is scalable, low cost and easy to administer; and is available 24/7 as its 100% online. The comprehensive and personalized reports allow for informed parent dialogue on setting direction. You’ll see immediate dividends from your guidance.