Facebook Paper was released in the iTunes store today. The news-reading app provides an entirely new way of interacting with your Facebook feed. It has a beautiful design and looks more like Flipboard than it does Facebook. You are able to review stories from your News Feed as well as hand-picked items from big name publications curated by Facebook.
It’s much easier to see than to describe. Fortunately, Facebook released a video of it in action:
From iTunes release notes:
- Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
- Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
- Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
- Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details u0p close.
- Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
- Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
- Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
The app requires iOS 7.0 or later and supports the iPhone and iPod touch natively. One huge mistake is not releasing a native iPad version on the same day as the iPhone and IPod.
For now, Paper is only available on the US Apple Store.
You can download it at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paper-stories-from-facebook/id794163692